Buying and selling a house can be stressful business
Our conveyancing experts offer residential property expertise and advice for both sales and purchases or when buying as an investment or buy to let.
Working to the highest standards, our experienced conveyancing solicitors aim to make the buying and selling process as quick and easy as possible.
Conveyancing – how we help and what we do
- We handle domestic sales and purchase of both freehold and leasehold properties.
- Transfer of Equity
- We also deal with commercial transactions and the sale of businesses.
- We will respond to email enquiries by giving provisional quotations for fees, VAT and disbursements. We will endeavour to proceed with the transaction as quickly or as slowly as the Client wants.
- We do not adopt a process of simply ‘ticking boxes’ – we like to believe that we are pro-active in assisting the Client to arrive at the best result.
Disbursements for Sale of Residential Property
In addition to our fees, the following disbursements are payable on the sale of a property (all plus VAT):
The fees below relate to either the sale or purchase of freehold property. There is an additional charge of £100 for any leasehold properties.
Office copies and plan – £6 VAT (charged at 20%)
Telegraphic transfer fee – £30 VAT (charged at 20%)
Preparation of Stamp Duty Land Tax Form – £50 VAT (charged at 20%)
Closing file fee – £10 VAT (charged at 20%)
Telegraphic Transfer Fee – Dependent on charge to us
Search pack (includes Local Authority Search, Environmental Search and Drainage Search as charged) – £260 (usual cost) VAT (charged at 20%)
A transaction will usually take between 3 – 6 months to conclude.
|COSTS||FEE||VAT||TOTAL||LAND REG. REGISTERED||STAMP DUTY THRESHOLD|
Additional Disbursements for Leasehold Properties
On a retirement property Transfer fee or contingency fee payable to the Landlord. Approximately 1% of the purchase price
If you buy a house for £275,000, the SDLT you owe is calculated as follows:
0% on the first £125,000 = £0
2% on the next £125,000 = £2,500
5% on the final £25,000 = £1,250
Total SDLT = £3,750
The legal work will be carried out by Anthony Wade (Principal Solicitor) or Sharon Lightwood (Conveyancer).
Anthony Wade is a Principal Solicitor and has been qualified for over 50 years. Sharon Wade is a Conveyancer with over 25 years of experience in this field.
What work is included
The legal fees set out above include dealing with a purchase or sale of a property from taking initial instructions to completion of purchase or sale of property and dealing with any relevant bodies such as the Land Registry.
The following work is included:
- Taking initial instructions
- Arranging to open our file/s and producing client care paperwork
- Arranging to send out a draft Contract pack on a Sale
- Dealing with any additional enquiries received
- Arranging for all paperwork Contract and documentation to be signed
- Generally bringing the matter to exchange of contracts
- Dealing with any mortgage redemption
- Arranging completion and accounting to Clients
- Taking initial instructions
- Arranging to open our file/s
- Producing Client Care paperwork
- Obtaining the Contract Pack from the Seller’s Solicitors
- Putting in hand Searches
- Investigating the Title and raising enquiries
- Arranging to Report fully on the Title, Searches etc
- Reporting to the Lender on any paperwork if appropriate
- Exchanging Contracts and arranging completion and putting in hand all necessary searches
- Dealing with registration at HM Land Registry
- Dealing with any requisitions raised by the Land Registry following completion
Valid as at 4th February 2021